Diary of a Yogi

Excerpt from diary: 7/24/2009

It is so rewarding to cross paths with someone who comes to my yoga class and leaves inspired. Today, I met a woman who had an aneurysm at age 50 and survived. Her brush with death compelled her to make some changes in her life. She had never done yoga and came to my class.

It was very moving and gratifying when she told me how moved she was by the class. It touched her heart. She realized her medical scare was a push to move forward in life. Having had a similar experience, I totally understood what she felt. Her kind words further compels me to share my story and motivate others to overcome their fears, obstacles and discover they are stronger than they realize. We have this life to live now. I have to find a way to share it with the masses of people who live in fear. Once people learn the power they have to truly live and are their best source of strength, so much can change.

I want others to know that whatever happens in life serves a purpose. There is always a counter part to the equation and ultimately, it really is good. It is just hard to see the good when things are hard. I know.

I am so glad that I have been clipping and saving quotes for the past few years. Never knew the power of words until I started to understand them. I suppose it was my challenges and experiences that gave them meaning to me. For those of you in a challenging time, here a few quotes to remember and instill in your heart.

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you." ~Lewis Smedes

"If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick up one of those pieces up and begin again." ~Flavia Weedn

~"All the adversity I've had in my life has strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." ~Walt Disney

And, lastly...a quote that always makes me grateful for who I am, where I am, and awareness that anything done with good intention will be beneficial...I close with Helen Keller's words:

"The most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched...they must felt by the heart."

Now, that is someone to listen to and learn from...despite all her physical challenges of not being able to see or hear the physical world...she was able to tap into the true world of her heart and share it with others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga and the Adrenal Glands

Inversions, Hormones and Yoga